Please ensure you double and triple-check your dog's measurements using the text and video instructions.
Correct measurements are crucial for a proper fit as this style of harness is not adjustable. Refunds, remakes will not be offered for incorrectly measuring your dog. Please follow the AMG specific instructions for measuring.
Different companies measure differently and/or require different measurements. Please utilize these instructions when ordering an AMG harness.
Custom fit with fleece padding to add cushion and to help prevent any chafing when the dog is pulling.
Used for dog sledding, scootering, skijoring, bikejoring, canicross, bitework, parachute work, or other activities.
**NOT to be used for weight pull**
1" wide webbing
Extended fleece padding along neck, ribs, and chest
Strong bungee cord at the hookup point to cushion sudden starts
Text can be added as a patch at an additional charge: Click here for custom patches
Links for video examples of measuring are available below.
Neck - Breast Bone to Shoulders: Find the shoulder blades then go slightly forward to find the base of the neck. Measure from that spot to the top of the breastbone.
- Do NOT double this measurement.
- Do NOT measure around the neck.
Start tape at top of breastbone. Pass between front legs, then up around rib cage to base of tail.
- Do NOT let the tape slip into the dog’s armpit.
- Trace the ribcage along the sternum.
- Do NOT pull the tape tight or the measurement will be short.
Breast Bone to Last Rib: (orange)
Start tape at top of breastbone, pass between front legs, and then back to last rib.
Shoulders to Last Rib: Start tape at the base of the neck (slightly in front of where the shoulder blades lie) and back to last rib.
Please ensure you double-check your dog's measurements!
Message me if you have any questions!
Split Chest and Open Back Options
Split chest is utilized to help the harness stay centered over the dog's chest and prevent it from slipping and shifting under the dog's front legs. The webbing that goes from the breast bone and between the front legs is divided so it can hug either side of their chest. This shifting/slipping could result in chafing in the armpits and an uneven distribution of pressure. Typically, for dogs with wider chests, deeper chests, or more prominent and protruding breastbones. On the other side of the spectrum, using a split chest on a dog with a narrow chest could also cause chafing in the armpits.
Open back harnesses are without the traditional "X" over the back. This gives the harness a slightly looser, less structured fit with little more flexibility. For some dogs, the open back allows the spine to swing through the harness instead of being restrained from the xback. It depends greatly on the structure of your dog and how they run (do they arch their back a lot or run with a straighter topline).
Fleece vs Webbing Colors
- Hot Orange and Hot Yellow do not have matching fleece colors.
- There are similar colors but even the closest option will distinctly not match their "Hot" webbing counterpart.
- All colors may have some minor discrepancies when comparing fleece vs webbing but this is to be expected due to the difference in materials.
Checking the Fit
Without tension on the harness, it will appear somewhat small on the dog. To ensure correct sizing, it is important to check fit when there is tension on the harness. Lure your dog forward while holding the end of the harness to check the following:
- Pull excess fur and skin out of the neck so the harness sits properly on the breastbone and between shoulders.
- The breast bone should be concealed by the Y-front of the harness.
- If the breast bone is above the Y then that means the neck straps can impede the movement and put pressure on the dog's shoulders.
- The latter would have the Y further above the breast bone, which can lead to pressure on the trachea which can be noticed if the dog starts coughing.
- The end of the harness should stop at the base of the tail with the front half of the harness adequately supported by the rib cage.
- Too long and it has the possibility to obstruct the dog's thighs or dig into their waist or stomach.
- Too small and has a possibility to ride up into the armpits and put pressure on the dog's ribs.
Check the bungee regularly for loose ends or ends getting shorter and if so re-tie, or if needed, replace with a new cord.
Since all harnesses are custom made to all of your provided measurements, and not sold as standard sizes, refunds cannot be offered.
If you ordered a custom harness and the fit is incorrect due to our mistake, we will happily replace it with a correctly sized and fitted new harness at no charge to you.
If your dog's custom harness was made to your specifications but it still does not fit due to a measuring error, then we will gladly help you re-measure your dog (possibly with photos and/or videos) to the best of our ability.
Shipping Costs are not refundable.
**While I do my very best to represent colors to their accurate true to life color, photography isn’t an exact science, therefore colors may be slightly different in person. Please take this into consideration when placing your order.